An early J. C. Nichols Company sign located on Brookside Boulevard by Countryside Park. In the background is the "Rock House" located at 5230 Brookside Boulevard. This vantage point faces west on Brookside Boulevard between 52nd Street and 53rd Street. The sign reads: "1000 Acres Restricted, Country Club District, Highly Developed and Protected Residence Property, water, light, gas, etc., attractive prices, J. C. Nichols, High Class Residence Property, 1213-14 Commerce Bldg.".
Entrance to 5110 Cherry Street, located in Southwood Park. The home belonged to Edwin W. Shields and construction was completed shortly after World War I. This vantage point faces west on Cherry Street between 51st Street and 52nd Street. This building is now part of the University of Missouri - Kansas City.
Home of Edwin W. Shields at 5110 Cherry Street, completed shortly after World War I. This vantage point faces south-southeast towards the main entrance of the home. This building is now part of the University of Missouri - Kansas City.
5434 Central Street home of Zeno T. Briggs, who bought a lot in 1909 and lived at this home until June 1929. This vantage point faces west-northwest on Central Street just north of 55th Street.
Home built by Edward Dickinson at 810 W. 52nd Street, and then resided in by Mr. and Mrs. Louis Schutte. This vantage point faces northeast from east of Belleview Avenue and north of 52nd Street.
Northern exterior of E. C. White School, first public school in the Country Club District, once located at the northwest corner of 49th and Main Streets. This vantage point faces southeast on a portion of Brookside Boulevard now renamed Ward Parkway, just west of Main Street.
Exterior of the Administration Building of the Country Day School, later called Pembroke Country Day School. It was once located near the southeastern corner of 51st Street and State Line Road. The ground on which this building stood is now the quadrangle of the Pembroke Hill School - Ward Parkway Campus. This vantage point faces southwest from just south of 51st Street, between Ward Parkway and State Line Road.
An early picture of the Mission Hills Country Club House, once located in Kansas City, Missouri. After the Mission Hills Country Club moved across the border to Kansas, the building pictured became part of the Carriage Club. This vantage point faces southeast on State Line Road just south of Brush Creek.
An aerial view of the Mission Hills Country Club showing the completed club house, with State Line Road running across the center of the picture. After the Mission Hills Country Club moved across the border to Kansas, the building pictured center became part of the Carriage Club. This vantage point faces east from above the southern portion of present-day Mission Woods, Kansas.
Three homes on 61st street at the end of the completed Belleview Avenue. This vantage point faces south on Belleview Avenue from just south of Huntington Road.
Standard Oil Company Filling Station planned, designed and constructed by the J. C. Nichols Company for the Standard Oil Company. This vantage point faces northeast on Brookside Boulevard just south of 62nd Terrace.
Early picture of the 51st Street shopping center, the first business development built by J. C. Nichols Company. At time of photograph, the Country Club Grocery Co. Meat Market took up residence in this building. Located on the northeast corner of Brookside Boulevard and 51st Street, this building was better known by 1925 as part of the Colonial Shops.
Photograph of the construction of Mission Drive in Mission Hills, Kansas. This vantage point faces southeast towards 63rd Street from just south of the intersection of Mission Drive, High Drive, and Brookwood Road.
The rock quarry at 55th and Locust Street during the construction of Crestwood Drive.
Two young women sitting near a lamp sculpture with a house at 5939 Overhill Road barely visible in the background. This vantage point faces northeast towards the small park at the intersection of Stratford Road and Oakwood Road, in Mission Hills, Kansas.
The J. C. Nichols Company sales office at the southeast corner of 59th Street and Ward Parkway Boulevard in 1919.
This picture of the Brookside Shopping District was taken looking northeast at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 63rd Street.
This picture of John S. Watkins at the Brookside Shopping District was taken looking northeast at the intersection of Brookside Boulevard and 63rd Street.
Interior of Brookside Hall, Miss Helen Thomes' dance class in session. This vantage point faces north-northeast inside of Brookside Hall at the northeast corner of 63rd Street and Brookside Boulevard.
Female instructor and six young girls attending a Kansas City Conservatory of Music class in 1920. Brookside Hall was located on the second story of the Brookside Building at the northeast corner of 63rd Street and Brookside Boulevard.