Kansas City in the Jazz Age & Great Depression

Search

Displaying 1 - 20 of 46

An autochrome photograph of Mrs. Ella B. Adams sitting under an English cherry tree on her and her husband's property. Mr. Washington Adams was an attorney at law, Kansas City, city attorney and county counselor for Kansas City and Jackson County.

Date: 
April 22nd 1934

An autochrome photograph of George Cope's "Rainbow" Garden of peonies, iris, and poppies, taken looking north. Cope was co-owner of Cope & Sons, a carpentry company. This property was situated on the west side of Oak Street, just north of Brush Creek before the waterway was diverted to its current location.

Date: 
May 22nd 1933

An autochrome photograph of Clarence M. Moore's poppy garden, taken from the west. Moore was an executive with Truscon Laboratories.

Date: 
May 25th 1935

An autochrome photograph of the Nelson Gallery of Art (now known as the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art), taken from the southeast.

Date: 
May 18th 1933

An autochrome photograph of the Nelson Gallery of Art (now known as the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art), taken from the south.

Date: 
September 15th 1934

An autochrome photograph of the Nelson Gallery of Art (now known as the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art), taken from the southwest as the first flowers appear on the new grounds.

Date: 
April 11th 1933

An autochrome photograph of "Else Paulson" roses blooming in September at the Nelson Gallery of Art (now known as the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art).

Date: 
September 24th 1934

An autochrome photograph of the Nelson Gallery of Art (now known as the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art) as seen from the University of Kansas City (University of Missouri - Kansas City).

Date: 
October 1st 1933

A colorized glass plate postive photograph of the Nelson Gallery of Art (now known as the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art), taken from the southeast.

A color glass plate positive photograph of George Cope's "Rainbow" Garden of peonies, iris, and poppies. This vantage point faces north with Oak Street on the right, Cope's residence in the center background, and the Nelson Gallery of Art (Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art) in the far right background. This property was situated on the west side of Oak Street, just north of Brush Creek before the waterway was diverted to its current location. Cope was co-owner of Cope & Sons, a carpentry company.

A color glass plate positive photograph of the Nelson Galley of Art (now known as the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art), taken from the south.

A color glass plate positive photograph of George Cope in his "Rainbow" garden of peonies, iris, and poppies. Cope was co-owner of Cope & Sons, a carpentry company. This property was situated on the west side of Oak Street, just north of Brush Creek before the waterway was diverted to its current location.

Stone archways were built at each of the entrances into the Crestwood area. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Locust Street, 55th Street, and Oak Street.

Date: 
1920

J. C. Nichols School, located at 69th and Oak Streets, now known as Académie Lafayette. This vantage point faces northeast at the intersection of Oak Street and 69th Terrace.

Date: 
1927

Close up exterior view of the Oak Street entrance to the J. C. Nichols School, now known as Académie Lafayette. This building is located at the southeastern corner of Oak Street and 69th Street.

Date: 
1927

Children playing at a playground located at the then undeveloped lots at the northeast corner of Rockhill Road and Oak Street.

Date: 
1936

Photograph of the William Rockhill Nelson Gallery of Art and Atkins Museum of Fine Arts, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest from just west of Rockhill Road.

Photograph of the Jackson County Courthouse, Kansas City, Missouri, ca. 1930s. This vantage point faces southeast from the intersection of Oak Street and 12th Street.

Detention Homr

Photograph of the Old Detention Home on Oak Street, south of Fifth Street, ca. 1930s. This vantage point faces west-southwest on Oak Street.

Photograph of City Hall, Kansas City, Missouri, which opened on October 25, 1937. This vantage point faces north-north-east on Oak Street between 12th and 13th Streets.

Pages