Letter from Bishop Thomas F. Lillis to Reverend Louis Franchinotti of the Holy Rosary Church. Lillis reports that he receives ongoing requests from the Italian community and congregation of Holy Rosary for more English-speaking services in the parish. Lillis believes Franchinotti needs a priest fluent in English to help him because "eventually there will be no other language here in Kansas City but the English, so we must provide for the future."
Photograph of Columbus Park community volunteers constructing the St. John Bosco Center, Roman Catholic community hall. The land for the center was donated by Rosa Nigro, Kansas City's first woman pharmacist. This vantage point was taken facing east-northeast with the Holy Rosary Catholic Church in the background.
First Volume of The Echo, the 1924 student yearbook for St. Agnes Academy, Kansas City Missouri. Included are portrait photographs of academy students and local clergy, individual narratives on the senior, junior, sophomore, and freshman classes, calendar and event programs of the school year, and playground snapshots with captions. Notable political figures paying compliments include Thomas J. Pendergast.
1940's photograph of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception at 425 West 11th Street, Kansas City, Missouri. This vantage point faces northwest from the east side of Broadway Boulevard just north of 12th Street. The Commercial Hotel at 1104 Broadway is pictured far right.
Photograph of Holy Cross Catholic School students posed with the Reverend J. P. Prendergast, pastor of the Holy Cross Catholic Church. This vantage point faces south towards the rear of the Holy Cross Catholic Church at the northeast corner of St John Avenue and Quincy Avenue.
Photograph of members of the Italian Supreme Intersocial Council of Kansas City. It consisted of members of several lodges and societies for the purpose of mutual aid to lodge and society members and the poor of the Holy Rosary parish. Seated first from left: Joe DiMaria; seated third from right: Tony Bivona; back row, fourth from left: Vito Monaco; in front: Victor Francis DeMaria.
Photograph of Sister Mary Philomena (left) and Sister Mary Bertile (right). Sister Bertile gave private art lessons at St. Agnes Academy and the aunt of Mons. James Divine. Sister Philomena taught in several parochial schools, including Holy Cross.