Directors and sponsors of the 1933 Country Club District Community Field Day, held on Southwest High School campus. Shown are John L. Shouse, George D. Melcher, J. C. Nichols, Miles C. Thomas, Howard E. A. Jones, Albert H. Monsees, and H. Merle Smith. This vantage point faces southeast towards the Sixth Church of Christ Scientist at the corner of 66th Terrace and Wornall Road from near the Southwest High School football field.
New location of the Country Club District Community Golf Links, with Mr. Frank B. Beecher as President. The lodge moved to a new location, and the course enlarged to permit taking in an additional sevety-five members.
Carter home on the south side of 54th Street, between Belinder Road (now Belinder Avenue) and Porter Road (now Mission Road). 54th Street in Kansas once ran directly east from the present intersection of Shawnee Mission Parkway and State Park Road. Although once part of Mission, Kansas, this area was developed by J. C. Nichols and incorporated as Fairway, Kansas.
This picture of the Suydam Building was taken in the Country Club Plaza looking north-northwest at the intersection of Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) and 47th Street. The Suydam Building was later occupied by the House of Beauty and the Claude Keyes Drug Store. Gas station also pictured.
This picture of the Country Club Plaza was taken looking southwest from atop the Ponce de Leon building at 4555 Main Street. The view shows Mill Creek Parkway (now J C Nichols Parkway) with Alameda Road (now Nichols Road) branching off to the southwest.
Exterior view of the Clarence E. Shepard home at 1426 Stratford Road (now reclassified as 2012 Stratford Road, Mission Hills, Kansas). This vantage point faces north on Stratford Road between State Line Road and High Drive.